The Indian Army has invited applications from unmarried law graduates for the Short Service Commission course in the department of Judge Advocate General.
Age: 21 to 27 years
• Law Graduate (3 year/5 year course) with minimum 55% aggregate marks.
• The candidates should be eligible for registration as an advocate with the Bar Council of India/State.
• The candidate should be from a College/University recognized by the Bar Council of India.
Tenure of service
Short Service Commission will be granted to candidates for 14 years i.e. for an initial period of 10 years extendable by a further period of four years.
Officers who are willing to continue to serve in the Army after the expiry of the period of ten years of Short Service Commission may, if eligible and suitable in all respects, be considered for the grant of Permanent Commission (PC) in the tenth year of their service.
Those SSC officers who are not selected for grant of PC but are otherwise considered fit and suitable, will be given options to continue as SSCOs for a total period of 14 years (including the initial tenure of 10 years) on expiry of which they will be released from the army.
Those selected for the post of lieutenant will be paid between ₹56,100 and 1,77,500; Captain (Rs61,300 – Rs1,93,900); Major (Rs69,400 – ₹2,07,200); Lieutenant Colonel ( ₹1,21,200 – ₹2,12,400); Colonel ( ₹1,30,600 – ₹2,15,900); Brigadier ( ₹1,39,600 – ₹2,17,600) and Major General ( ₹1,44,200 – ₹2,18,200).
How to Apply
• Applications will only be accepted online on the official website.
• Click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registrations not required, if already registered on the website.
• Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully.
• After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under the Dashboard.
• A page ‘Officers Selection – ‘Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission JAG Entry Course. A page ‘Application Form’ will open.
• Candidates must click on ‘Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing any details.
• The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after the final closure of the online application on the last day.
For complete Application Guidelines, click here.
Deadline: February 17th, 2022